South Haven's Historic Lighthouse

For over 100 years the lighthouse has guarded the entrance of the Black River. Thousands of South Haven lighthouse fan photos have circled the globe! Nearly 3000 alone are posted on the photo sharing website, They have also been published in hundreds of other places around the world. Take your own favorite photo of our beloved lighthouse - in any season - and post it on for all the world to see! 

Facts: The first lighthouse was made of wood and was built in 1871.  The second was made of steel; it was built in 1903 and is still in use today. The original pier and catwalk were made of wood and the pier was about 300' long.  In 1913 the pier was extended to 700'.  In 1925 an 800' steel catwalk was installed.  In 1940, both were lengthened to 1200'.

Water Street
South Haven, MI 49090
150 years
South Haven/Van Buren County Convention and Visitors Bureau
546 Phoenix Street
South Haven, MI 49090
Phone: 269 637-5252