Time: 10 AM to 6 PM
Various Locations from South Haven to Saugatuck
South Haven, MI 49090
Contact: 269-686-6343 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating their 32nd year the Blue Coast Artists will be delighting and educating the public with their annual Fall Tour of Studios. Visitors are invited once again to experience the creative process in action on Saturday & Sunday, October 2nd & 3rd, 2021
See a piece of pottery form on the potters wheel, or learn how a wood bowl is created on a lathe, watch the inner beauty of a rock appear through the craft of lapidary, experience trees come alive through brushstrokes or see a piece of pottery come out of a kiln fired with wood. These are just a few of the demonstrations that art lovers of all ages are sure to enjoy during the 32nd Annual Blue Coast Artists Fall Tour of Studios.
This annual West Michigan autumn event runs from 10AM-6PM both days and is free of charge. Over the last thirty two years the tour has continued to be an educational and interesting experience for all, by offering a behind-the-scenes look into the studios of working artists.
The 2021 tour includes nine working artists' studios located between South Haven and Saugatuck. Each site features demonstrations, original artwork, refreshments and more. Unique art abodes and fall color makes this creative experience fun for the whole family. Lunch will be available for purchase in route. For the safety of our visitors and artists, masks would be appreciated within tour locations
The tour can be completed in one day and a tour map is available at each site or on the web at: www.bluecoastartists.com The 2021 Blue Coast Artists Fall Tour includes:
1) Zoies Garden & Gallery (73369 2nd Ave., South Haven)
Nancy Rock Endres’ nature-inspired art has been greatly influenced through the development of her backyard jewel, Zoie’s (life’s) Garden. In 2005, it was featured in Midwest Living Magazine as The Healing Garden, and a tour destination for Frederik Meijer Gardens. Zoie’s Garden & Gallery provides a rich retreat for creating brilliant transparent watercolors featuring nature-inspired art and familiar scenes from the South Haven area.
2) Blue Star Pottery (337 Blue Star Hwy., South Haven) The studio of Mark Williams features handmade stoneware. Bowls, pitchers, casseroles, teapots and platters are embossed with Mark’s elegant textured designs, which he creates by uniquely combining the pottery techniques of textured slab and throwing on the pottery wheel. Mark will open a new kiln load of his work daily on tour weekend.
3) Khnemu Studio LLC (6322 113th Ave., Fennville) Enjoy the fall harvest at this 1890's farm estate, complete with a restored barn which houses a contemporary pottery and fine craft gallery featuring over 20 Michigan ceramic artists. And the solar powered studio of potter Dawn Soltysiak. Dawn and friends will unload the Manibigama wood fired kiln on Saturday, and will demonstrate the process of loading a soda kiln on Sat. & Sun, demonstrations all weekend; also refreshments will be served.
4) The Blue Vieira Studio / Gallery (6787 116th Ave, Fennville) This studio is housed on the small 1890’s blueberry estate of artist Armando Vieira Pedroso. Armando is a self-taught artist whose work spans the gambit of abstract paintings, metal work and sculpture blocks to his most recent works of “Wide-Open” barn landscapes. Inclusive with the studio gallery tour, Armando will have his county coastal cottage open to view his art in a home setting surrounded by furniture he has repurposed from local area antique shops. Armando will be on-site discussing his various styles and processes.
5) Blue Star Studio of Wood and Glass (1684 Blue Star Hwy / 68thSt / Adams Rd, Fennville) Artist Barb Hogarth's work includes stained, blown, and fused glass, as well as Shaker boxes, fanbirds, turned wood, veneer work and turned bangle bracelets. She will be demonstrating how to carve a fanbird out of one piece of wood.
6) Stantall Studio (6691 120th, Fennville) Stantall Studio is home to artist Kathy Stanton. She works in several mediums including oil paints, digital imagery, jewelry, and creations using stones. All mediums involve elements of the Michigan landscape and bringing out the beauty in the world we see around us.
7) Earth Stories Gallery (2742 Blue Star Highway/68th St.) Earth Stories – a unique combination of art gallery, rock and mineral shop and full service lapidary- The studio and gallery of painter and mixed media artist Curtis Lacy. Curtis creates sharply angled hard edge acrylic paintings, as well as deeply colored and textured abstracts. Earth Stories consigns West Michigan artists creating in wood, glass, jewelry and photograph.
8) Brian Newton Studio (2895 63rd Street, Fennville) Artist, Brian Newton, specializing in turning exotic woods from around the world, but also creates beautiful and functional work from personally harvested local hard woods. He also combines materials to create one-of-a kind pendants, rings, pens and a variety of other treasures.
9) Fernwood 1891 (120 E Main St, Fennville) A restored classic brownstone storefront in downtown Fennville is the satellite pottery studio of Khnemu Studio & cooperative studio location of various artists working in a variety of media. Artists will be demonstrating a mix of art forms throughout the weekend. Check out our 2 new large murals on the back patio which were created this Summer. Stop in for breakfast or lunch at our adjoining coffee house & café, ROOT.
South Haven/Van Buren County Convention and Visitors Bureau