The Bailey Museum
903 South Bailey Avenue
South Haven, MI 49090
(269) 637 - 3251
Celebrate Earth Day at The Bailey Museum!
- “Ask an Expert” with Nor Serocki, SW x SW Corner CISMA Coordinator, on hand to talk about invasive species. Bring a photo and description of your invasive plants for identification.
- “Buy it where you Burn it” information, including appearances by Emerald Ash Borer and Asian Longhorn Beetle.
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am: Boy & Girl Scouts will be cleaning up backwoods to earn an Earth Day Badge
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm: “Painting with Nature” project for kids with Wendy Onuki from Forever Curious Children’s Museum in Fennville. Free but please RSVP to The Bailey Museum
- 9:30 am: John Stempien, Director Emeritus of The Bailey Museum, will be discussing and showing sections from his video series “In Search of Liberty Hyde Bailey”.
- 11:00 am: Allan Overhiser, of Overhiser Orchards- talk about 150 yr. old family fruit farm
- 1:30 pm: AJ Brucks, Director of the VBCD, will be presenting “The Critical in Critical Dunes” - native vegetation, invasive species, dune importance, and some of the best kept secrets around!
Exchange with Friends: Gardening/landscape books and magazines, seeds, native plants, and bulbs! Bring some, take some!